Tuesday, April 14, 2020

26A - Celebrating Failure


26A - Celebrating Failure

1) One of my biggest failures this semester was in STA2023, better known as Stats. I've always been a math girl because the classes typically come easy to be, but Stats was different. I'm not sure if it's because it's new material or because a lot of the times there are not definite answers, but for the life of me I cannot understand the class. The tests came pretty difficult to me, even with Study Edge, so it made me want to give up. However, I'm still pushing through and hoping that the third time will be the charm for the final. Luckily, the professor is giving the class a bit of grace by providing us with some end-of-the-semester extra credit.

2) Although failing sucks, I think it's super important because it helps you with personal growth so that you can improve for the future. School has always came very easy to me, so I've struggled a bit throughout my freshman year with studying for classes. This was the first course I took where I actually had to study a lot. Sadly, I know it will just get harder from here on out, so I am thankful for Stats because it is helping me prepare for the more difficult courses I will have later on.

3) As I said in the second portion of this assignment, I think failure is an important aspect of life. I used to hate failing, but I've learned to embrace it. I like to pinpoint the specific reasons why I failed and how I can prevent failing again in the future. Like I said previously, I used to get extremely sad when I failed and let the feeling linger over me for a while. Luckily, I have learned how to handle it better over the years and now, it doesn't have as big of an effect on me. I am a pretty optimistic person so instead of focusing on the fact of "hey I just failed," I instead focus in on how this failure will benefit my future. After taking this course, I definitely think I am more likely to take risks in the future. Risks can be scary, but only because the aspect of failing is present. Although it may sound weird, I look forward to failing more in my life because I know that my many failures will someday lead to a great accomplishment.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Natalie,
    I wouldn't beat yourself up too hard. I remember when I was in STA2023 and a lot of the people coming out of class would just burst into tears and cry for a good 10 minutes after class. It's a difficult course but at least now you can chill for the summer knowing you're done.

    ReplyDelete