Friday, February 28, 2020
14A - Halfway Reflection
14A - Halfway Reflection
Tenacity & Paying it Forward
The biggest behavior I have used to keep up with this course is time management. Time management is one of the biggest things I have struggled with my whole life because I don't particularly enjoy doing schoolwork. For most of my life, school has came easy to me. I view this as both a blessing and a curse because I haven't had to put in as much effort as others to do well, but now it is more difficult because I do not have good study habits established yet. Over the course of my freshman year, the development of better time management skills has allowed me to do much better in my classes and to keep on track of assignments, especially in this class.
One of the biggest moments in time I felt like giving up was earlier on in the semester. I was in my hometown for a wedding and I completely forgot that there were three assignments due in the class. I can still remember the feeling of my heart dropping when I realized I forgot to complete them. I was so frustrated and wanted to give up, but I decided to push through and try extra hard in order to make sure I can still get a desirable grade. I have learned from this mistake and I now always keep up with my assignments in this class as much as possible.
The first tip I would give next semester's student in order to create a tenacious mindset is to create a checklist in your notes each week of what you will accomplish each day. I recently started doing this during this semester and it has definitely helped me keep track of my assignments better. It also makes me feel more accomplished when I see all of the things I have completed, and it makes me want to keep working hard. The second tip I have is to reward yourself for working hard and completing all of your assignments and studying. College can be tough, and it's important to stop every once in a while and be proud of what you have accomplished. Lastly, be sure to still focus in on this class even though it may not seem as difficult. I often found myself being so caught up in studying for my other exams that I forget to do my work for this class until the last minute. It is important to prioritize your tasks while still making sure to take care of the littler things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment