Thursday, February 20, 2020

11A - Idea Napkin No. 1


Assignment 11A - Idea Napkin No. 1
Piecing It All Together

1. You. My name is Natalie Robinson and I am a first-year Business Management major. I love being kind to people and working hard on important things in my life. I hate letting others down and I am a perfectionist which is why I strive to take on leadership roles. I am currently the Activity Points Chairman in my sorority, and I love this position because it allows me to set a good example for other women in the sorority while simultaneously making closer connections with different individuals. My aspirations in life are to become very successful and make a positive impact on others lives. If I were to own my own Panera location and introduce it to campus, I see myself promoting it and focusing on word-of-mouth marketing. Since I love working hard, I would devote all of my free time to making my business the best it could be.

2. What are you offering to customers? I am offering the chance to have more food options on campus by removing one of the current food options and having a Panera take its place. Panera is an excellent restaurant that offers coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. It has many healthy options and even has soups for when a student or faculty members falls ill. It is also an excellent place to study become of its homey and quiet environment.

3. Who are you offering it to? I am offering this product to anyone and everyone including University of Florida students, University of Florida faculty, Gainesville residents, etc. Everyone needs a place to eat and a place to study, and Panera is the perfect place to do both. This is for people who do not have the resources to drive 10 minutes to go get foods that aren't on campus.

4. Why do they care? People care about this product because Panera is one of the most popular places to eat nationwide. The University of Florida has a limited amount of food options on campus, with many of those options being overpriced or unhealthy. Panera is a healthy alternative to any of the restaurants on campus, and it even has soup for whenever people are sick! Panera is also an excellent place to study because of the calming environment and endless coffee options to choose from.

5. What are your core competencies? Panera may seem like any other restaurant, but it is actually the only restaurant that offers coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Panera is the only place on campus that would offer comfort food whenever you get sick. It is also the only place that is very good for studying but also has all types of food, which allows students to study there as long as they need. Because the library and Starbucks are always busy, Panera will allow for a less busy atmosphere so it is easy for students to focus.


I think many aspects of my business concept are good, however my weakest part may be my core competencies. Although Panera is an extremely popular comfort food restaurant, some people may not be as passionate about putting one on campus. I think that if we are able to get a Panera on campus then people would pick eating there over the other restaurants, but I think the challenge would be finding a place to get rid of in order to make room for Panera. However, I do think that I could do a good job advertising my idea because I am good at marketing and I think I am a pretty convincing person. I think that I could do things such as tabling in Turlington and getting people to sign a petition in order to increase the awareness of the need of a Panera on campus, which would help me get more people to push to make this business concept a reality.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Natalie,

    Your business idea is great, and the Panera on campus would generate a high revenue because of the demand for it. Are there better restaurants out there? yes. Is Panera the best option? I do not think so but removing a nastier place for a Panera is innovative and great food places on campus is important because I myself am constantly eating out and I do not want Chick-fil-a every day.

    ReplyDelete